If you are looking to run OpenStack with ceph as the backing storage for cinder, you will need the following.
yum -y install openstack-cinder
- Follow the instructions at http://ceph.com/docs/master/rbd/rbd-openstack/
- Create the firewall rules to allow compute nodes to connect to cinder-volumes
- You might run into the following error while attaching
internal error unable to execute QEMU command '__com.redhat_drive_add': Device 'drive-virtio-disk1' could not be initialized
This is because qemu in CentOS does not have rbd build in by default.
- To solve this problem, download qemu–kvm and qemu-img from http://ceph.com/packages/ceph-extras/rpm/.
- Install the packages, e.g.
rpm --oldpackage -Uvh qemu-kvm-0.12.1.2-2.355.el6.2.x86_64.rpm qemu-img-0.12.1.2-2.355.el6.2.x86_64.rpm