Had to register on some sites recently, and Security Questions were mandatory. That triggered my rant mode, so now I’m going to tell everyone why Security Questions are stupid.
- I don’t have a favourite song, movie, poem, etc.
- Neither do I like to watch sports, have favourite artist or athlete.
- In the era of Facebook, relying on (assumed to be) private information knowledge is stupid. This includes Mother’s maiden name, pet name, or brand of car.
- The favourites questions are particularly dumb because they assume your favourites don’t change over time.
- Ditto for dream job. Let’s see… when I was 3 I wanted to be a soldier. Then a doctor. Then a lawyer. Now I’ll do anything that earns me lots of money. Soon I’ll be happy I even have a job.
That is all I can think of for now. Any other thing you can think of?